Topic: Any home staging ideas for a beginner?

Any home staging ideas for a beginner?

Forum Family House Any home staging ideas for a beginner?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ben .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • I was reading something about home staging. I understand the real estate market employs this tactic to sell properties. Can anyone share some home staging ideas and offer any other tips?

Home staging is a great idea. You know, if you master the art of this, you can put your home ahead of the others. Of course, you can do this yourself, but you could also hire experts like Executive Furniture Rentals to get better results.

Assuming you are going to do this on your own and not hire a professional company, keep in mind your home’s strengths. Focus on this and play it up a bit. In the same way, try to reduce the weaknesses. If your home has a lot of clutter, this can get in the way of what you are trying to achieve.

Try using lighting to your advantage. You can take advantage of natural light and use your own light fixtures to gain an advantage. Using illumination can make things come alive and jump out at you.

This can give someone a sense of being welcome. Depending on things you have, it can be mesmerizing as well. Use lighting to accentuate specific features of your home. There are also different kinds of lighting such as pendant or wall scone. Try using all sorts and experiment first.

How about considering artwork? Now there’s a method that is bound to work. A lot of home staging uses eye-catching artwork to great effect. It is not as simple as just hanging it up anywhere. There’s an art to this, if you’ll excuse the pun.

I once read that displaying it at eye level is actually not a good idea. I thought it was, but there you go. Apparently, having them at unexpected levels is far better. Unusual groupings is also supposed to work.

By doing this, it makes each artwork kind of stand out. It also draws the eye to various areas and creates the desired effect that you want. Personally, I could not do this on my own. I would need a professional to help me with something like this.

Here’s something not to do: do not push couches and armchairs to the room edges! You may think that it will make the room ‘feel’ bigger. Actually, experts say it does the exact opposite.

The idea is apparently to make a space feel welcoming and functional. That means moving furniture away from walls, but group them. This way, there can be enough space to walk between the pieces. Cozy conversational areas and clear traffic flow is what gives it a spacious feel.

I heard that grouping things in three (or odd numbers) can be pleasing to the eye. Group items with similar shapes, colours or texture and play around to get the effect you want.

Ben

You could try something as simple as flowers. I am pretty sure that flowers are a staple when it comes to home staging. If you have them in the garden, then it could also be a conversational piece. Somehow squeeze it into the conversation. Show them the beautiful flowers your property produces.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.