Topic: Ballet barres for the home

Ballet barres for the home

Forum Family House Ballet barres for the home

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Brookie .

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • Do you think it is a good idea to get ballet barres for home use? I must confess, I had no idea what these were until the kids joined a ballet class.

Where can I get this? Is it worth getting and can it make a difference?

I think you should ask your kids this. I think it is a good idea. This equipment can only help them. Talk to them and see. If their faces light up, then I think you should. It kind of gives you an idea of how serious they are about ballet. If they are, you should get it. You can either make it a permanent fixture, or it can be portable.

You should check out Boss Ballet Barres and see what they have to offer. Talk to the kids first, then talk to the folks at Boss Ballet Barres. I’m sure they can make some suggestions. These are great for beginners or experienced dancers. It’s good for workouts and training.

If you want to learn ballet, this is an important piece of equipment. I would recommend you get it for your children. It’s the closest thing to replicating a class I suppose. These can be attached to your wall permanently. They can be freestanding as well. I’d suggest the freestanding ones. They are portable, so it is really convenient. Once you are done, just put it away.

Make sure you get a sturdy, quality barre. Your kids will have a solid piece of equipment that they can rely on. If anyone older uses it, it can withstand the weight.

In my opinion, the portable ones are the best for home use. The portable rails tend to be a single or double in general. I find that the double rail is better for stretching. I also think it is better for the kids. If you can, don’t get the ones made of wood. They are not as hygienic. They also lose their look.

They come in different heights and lengths. Some are designed specifically for children. The ones for kids are also great for doing stretches. They can be pretty lightweight yet sturdy at the same time. It is really easy to set up. Much easier than something you have to fix to a wall permanently.

I would suggest getting it for your kids. They can practice and improve in the comfort of your home. This adds to their regular classes. It can really help with posture. Anything they are told in class can be reinforced at home. Improvements can take place quicker. They can learn proper practices. There are proper ways to use the barre. For example, you should not be too close to the barre.

At the same time, you should not be too far or it won’t help with balance or support. They can also learn about grip. It should not be too tight. Many beginners make this mistake. Remember, sometimes, you have to hold a partner’s hand. You don’t want to crush it! Sometimes, the barre can be too high or too low, even in a studio setting. However, at home, you can adjust it accordingly.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.