Topic: Best tips for a new immigrant?

Best tips for a new immigrant?

Forum Family Life Best tips for a new immigrant?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Charcoal .

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • Hello. I want to immigrate to Canada to live with my boyfriend in Montreal, Quebec. I don’t know a lot about immigration, so I’m wondering if I should hire an immigration lawyer, and if so, why.

I don’t have a lot of money at the moment, so I think it would be more affordable for me to not have to hire an immigration lawyer, but I want to make sure I will be doing everything right.

I would like to hear your words of advice, and thank you so much!

Hi!

I think you should hire an immigration lawyer, because immigrating to a new country is never simple. Everything will be a lot easier for you if you can trust an immigration lawyer to help you with the application process.

My advice is that you should search for an immigration lawyer that would be right for your situation, and if you think you can’t afford to hire them at the moment, maybe you could wait until you’ve saved up enough money.

I hope that helps!

Thank you. Of course it’s not an emergency for me to move to Canada, and I could wait for a few more months… But I’d like to move as soon as possible. I have no idea how much it would cost me to hire an immigration lawyer.

One thing that’s important to understand is that an immigration lawyer can’t guarantee that your immigration application will be accepted… However, they’ll be able to help you complete your application forms to give you the best odds possible, and if ever your application is denied, they will surely have options for you.

I think you should hire an immigration lawyer, because they have experience dealing with immigration processes, and you don’t.

So your lawyer will be there to give you advice regarding your unique situation, and will help you make sure you complete your application documents with all the details necessary. If you have a problem or a question, they’ll be there for you.

If you try to go through the application process on your own, it will be a lot more difficult to make sure you’re doing it right.

You’re right. I don’t want to risk my application being denied, and then having to start all over again.

Since my boyfriend is living and was born in Montreal, do you think it would make it easier for me to be accepted? Or would it not change anything?

I’m not sure, but I’d say it probably wouldn’t change anything. If you were married with him, or if you had family members living in Canada, it would surely simplify your application. But if he’s just your boyfriend, I don’t think it will make a difference…

I could be wrong, though. And I guess that’s exactly the kind of question you could ask to an immigration lawyer, and you’d know you’d be getting the right answer from them.

You should get in touch with Tiziana Aiello, her law office is in Montreal, so maybe that would be convenient for you.

Thank you!

I started searching for immigration lawyers in my area, but I think it would make more sense to choose one based in Canada.

I will get in touch and ask a few questions, and I guess I’ll take a decision after. If I can’t afford it at the moment I guess I’ll just have to wait.

Yeah… I hope it works fine for you!

Thank you! And thanks everyone for your advice.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.