Topic: How do I pick the right alarm system?

How do I pick the right alarm system?

Forum Family House How do I pick the right alarm system?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Joelle .

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Before I invest in a home alarm system, I’d like people to share some tips on how to pick one. I don’t want to make a mistake and pick the wrong thing. It’s an important purchase and I would like to get it right.

Some quick tips:

• Many people are unsure of the difference between a burglar alarm and a proper security system. You need to understand that it is not the same thing too.
    • If you are unsure, then you could make a mistake and get the wrong thing. A simple alarm is not really a home security system.

A good and proper home security system takes your whole property under consideration. It’s not just doors and windows that are being monitored.

A proper home security system will have sensitive motion activated lights. There will also be someone who comes over to check out your property if the alarm is triggered. This happens when you have a very tailored home security system for your property.

These systems will continue to monitor your home in the event of a power outage. It can also warn you in floods, fires and the deadly and silent carbon monoxide poisoning. Even though these features sound sophisticated, you should still be able to get a good system at an affordable price.

Before you call anyone over to your place, why don’t you have a detailed look of your property first? This can help you understand what you might want in a security system.

Many people are under the illusion that a home security system is the same thing for everybody. It really isn’t. Different homeowners will require different things. Just because someone has one system, it does NOT mean you should go get the same thing.

What you get should be tailored, or individualized for your specific needs and habits. So, let’s just say you have dogs and kids who are night owls, then motion detectors might not be a good idea for you.

If you know what you and your family are like, you can share this information with the security company. They can then give you the best advice so you can make an informed decision.

You can always add additional features later on, which is what I did. After having a security system set up, I added other items to it when my situation changed. There’s a nearby company called AARtech Canada Inc that sells all kinds of cool home security gadgets. They have tons of solutions for just about anyone.

Edited to add: AARtech isn’t a security company. They just sell these gadgets. Sorry if I wasn’t clear in my post earlier.

You can do your own research, but I think the best thing would be to ask people that you know. You want to have a reputable company to work with.

If someone recommends a company and uses them as well, chances are, you can go with them safely. Just make sure to ask the security company certain questions, such as return policies and contracts. Ask what happens if you move, installation fees and anything else important that you can think of.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.