Topic: Installing awning windows: what are your opinions?

Installing awning windows: what are your opinions?

Forum Family House Installing awning windows: what are your opinions?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  DieselDude .

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • I was thinking of replacing my windows with awning windows, and I am just weighing my options now. I just want to hear some thoughts and opinions from other homeowners. Any good places where I can get them?

To be honest, there are more popular windows available, but this is still a good choice for some homes.

Did you know that awning windows can be installed higher up in walls? With a lot of other types of windows, you cannot really do this. With awning windows, you can get a lot more natural light coming in, which can really brighten the place.

Awning windows also help with ventilation. The room will not feel so stuffy. The good thing is you can still have privacy. Install them in other places too, such as over the patio door for more fresh air and natural light.

You can get the windows from Panes Window Manufacturing. If you decide to go with another type of window, they have many choices. I’ve used them twice before and they are really helpful.

Awning windows are great during poor weather. There‚Äôs a reason they are called ‘awning’. While you may close other windows in bad weather, you can generally leave this open. At least you still get fresh air coming in. You won’t find much leakage during the rain even though it is open.

Since these windows tend to be smaller, you can install these windows higher on the walls. Because of this, your privacy is not really compromised. Same with security.

I have these in my home and I have to agree with what others have said. You do have good ventilation and more light. That makes it comfortable inside.

You can even have this in your bedroom or the bathroom. I have been to several places where they use this in the bathroom. Let the steam escape, you know? The kitchen is another place, for example, over a sink or even a counter.

I think the biggest benefit of an awning window is its versatility. In fact, I don’t think any other kind of window can make this claim. When you think about it, the fact that you can install this higher up than other windows makes you realize this.

It offers greater flexibility in what you can do, which helps with planning your decor. You can also play around with designs. There are many patterns to choose from. This allows you to add a unique flavour to the light you allow inside.

If you ever had a problem with awning windows, the repairs tend to be pretty simple. Anything that has any moving parts at some point will have a problem. Luckily, the majority of issues are easily handled. Most of the time, it tends to be sticking. Cleaning with a detergent will resolve this.

I know these are not the most popular windows, but who cares? If you like them and want them, go for it. They do a great job and cause very little problems.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.