Topic: What do you think of my son’s business idea?

What do you think of my son’s business idea?

Forum Family Money What do you think of my son’s business idea?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  PsychicLady .

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
  • My son is 12 years old, and I think he is already a passionate entrepreneur. When he was younger, he spent a few summers selling lemonade with his friend.

Now, he told me he wants to start a small local flower delivery business. I thought that was an odd idea, so I asked him to tell me more about it… He said he would use his bike to deliver flowers to their recipients.

What do you think of his idea?

I think it’s cute that he had this idea, but how is he going to do it? He will go and buy flowers for people, and then deliver them on his bike?

Oh, no! I forgot to mention that his aunt is a florist. She has a small florist shop, and no flower delivery service. My son loves his aunt, so he thought he would offer her his services. She would call him whenever someone would want him to deliver a bouquet of flowers, he would get to her shop, pick up the bouquet, then head to the house of the recipient.

We live in a small town, so it wouldn’t take him too much time to get from her florist shop to any part of town, and then head back home. And his aunt will give him a small percentage of the money she will make on the flower bouquets he will deliver.

I see… that’s a good idea then! I’m sure she will appreciate his services, and he’ll get to earn a bit of money. If you live in a small town, I guess he won’t need to deliver many bouquets of flowers each day.

Yes, and that’s great, because he has to go to school… He thought he could do this on the weekends, and perhaps on the evenings.

I’m proud of him for coming up with this idea, so I thought I would share it with you!

I think it’s a nice idea, and I hope it works out well for him!

I’m sure this service will be appreciated! My friend works for King West Flowers, a florist shop in Downtown Toronto, and they get very busy during the holidays, during Mother’s day, and Valentine’s day… Their flower delivery services make a lot of people happy.

So even if you live in a small town, I’m sure a lot of people will enjoy being able to get flowers delivered to their loved ones. Your boy is a genius! Bicycle flower delivery is as eco-friendly as it gets.

Ha, thank you! I’ll tell him you called him a genius, he’ll be overjoyed!

His aunt Clara (my husband’s sister) has already worked for King West Flowers before she moved. She really loved that place.

Has she? Wow, it really is a small world!

Your son had a good idea there! Do you think he’ll want to do flower delivery for more florist shops when he’s older? Or will he have another business idea?

Oh, he’s not sure yet what he wants to do when he’s older… But one thing is for sure, he will be his own boss and start a business! He just doesn’t know which one…

But I think the things he is doing now are teaching him some lessons, and helping him acquire some experience working with people. I’m so proud of him!

You ought to be! And I think it’s nice he wants to get involved in his aunt’s flower shop. I’m sure my own son would never think of doing something like that, he would say that flowers are just for girls, or that they’re boring…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.